Sunday, September 11, 2011

Grape-Stomping

  Hurricane Irene caused the cancellation of the first fall festival at Renault's Winery this season.  So this weekend was the rain-date for the grape-stomping festival with a Lucy impersonator.  They have several festivals during the year and it seems they continue to be profitable events for the company.  Since it is just around the block from me I go to get a take-out tray.  For $6.50 I got  barbecued pulled chicken on a roll, a small piece of corn on the cob and a cup of coleslaw.  The food is great.  I heard from another grape grower that the grapes were relatively unharmed by the hurricane.

Posting here a close-up of the grapes my mother grew on her arbor:



Imposing goose at Renault's pond:



Lucy impersonator and Mr. Milza:



Lucy, graciously posing for me:


 Grapes ready to be stomped on for a fee and then you get a bottles of the moosh:



Red begonias line the walk ways:


No comments:

Post a Comment