Saturday, October 6, 2012

Englishtown Flea Market

      I got an invitation to go with my friends to one of the last days at the "drive your own car through" at Six Flags Wild Safari in New Jersey but we also wound up making two other stops that were just as thrilling to me.  We stopped at a Ocean Spray's processing center in Chatsworth and the flea market in Englishtown.  I always wanted to go to Englishtown Flea Market because I heard it was bigger and better than the rest.  I will save my photos of the cranberry excursion and the Safari for separate posts.  So here is a website to give you more details of the flea market:



http://www.englishtownauction.com/

 

I have to admit it wasn't a whole lot different than the Columbus Auction but it was an adventure for me.    I am not exactly sure if it was the ethnicity of the vendors or the patrons but there seemed to be an increased presence of Asian and Spanish heritage.  One Latina vendor was doing her sales pitch on her kitchen slicing machine in Spanish.  She did mix in some English as well, but I was surprised because the viewers did not seem overwhelmingly Spanish.  In any case I love that kind of market.  It seemed to have more than just an international flavor.  It made me feel like I was actually in a different country but that is fine with me.  I find it exciting.  I will post photos of my favorite vendor there who delightfully posed for me. 

 

This is the "Sexy" Latina Vendor, see her shirt.  I have a video of her but I need an editing program.  I got this still from the video:


 

 

There are wide aisles and many inside shops like the Army Navy surplus store.


The black man that was selling here said that the corn was grown on his own farm.  Of course, he did not grow the lemons but his farm stand was the best including the pumpkins below:







 

I bought strawberries---three quarts for 5 dollars:




I do not know if I would be doing this blog if it were not for this man.  He saw my Cannon camera with the big lens and he must have thought I was some kind of professional and he was ready with the poses: 

Hey, I did not wonder until my blog was finished and I checked it over.  What in the world are those sticks?  They are not whips---are they? Now I am cringing!



 

This was parked by the roadside not from Englishtown.  Just a bit of weird, NJ added on here.



No comments:

Post a Comment