Friday, May 10, 2013

Philly Photos

My son is a photojournalist covering the news and weather in Philadelphia.  He started taking still shots while on his assignments so I decided to use my favorites to post here in the blog.  I will not be able to identify many of the places but anyone that knows Philly will be able to identify some of the city's iconic images. 


 

 

 

 

 

 Pennsylvania has a number of covered bridges: 

 

 

 

 

 Some days are better than others:



 

 What's a city without a protest at times: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ben Franklin Bridge: 

 

 

 

 

 

Japanese tea garden:

 

 

 

 

 This videographer works much the same way that my son does: 

 

One of my favorite historical figures is Benjamin Franklin.  When I walk the streets of Philly I often think that I might be tracing the steps that he took as he walked around the city: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 This is the area where he starts day usually:

 

 

 

 

 

I will replace this with a cheesesteak photo when I get one.   I might have to get a photo of a pretzel, too.  Did you know that there is a statue of a pretzel in Pretzel Park? : 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My son gets to see Mayor Nutter addressing the King and Queen of Sweeden:

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment