Thursday, November 5, 2015

Tuckerton Waterway Walk


I have been to the quaint historic seaport of Tuckerton NJ many times but on my latest trip I got to enjoy a special water walkway that I had missed on my prior visits.  The walkway is a bit secluded and there is a visitors fee.   After having a good meal at Shorty's, we discovered a back entrance to the area and we avoided a fee because it was after hours.   Normally you pay for the little walk at the museum.  I have included photos of the wildlife----especially the Great Blue Heron, photos of the woodworking shops, photos of sea port educational posters, a few farm animals, residential homes lining the waterway, old crab traps, and a somewhat abandoned children's play area. It was hard to pull it all together into an identifiable theme but it was such a delightful early evening walk at the end of summer.  There was only one heron. He kept moving around.  I guess the fishing was too good to leave.































Captain's cabin rescued probably from an old fishing trawler:







No, I do not have any bread!










































The carved piece below came from the Lucy Evelyn:




Thistle:









These goats have rectangular pupils:














Old house boat:


























No comments:

Post a Comment