Friday, June 3, 2022

Emerging from Covid

Since 2019, I have been very cautious, avoiding possible exposure to Covid. After receiving two vaccine doses, I gained the confidence to venture out. My grandson's school did not hold a prom, so they had a smaller private prom instead. I was able to fly to Florida to attend some of the pre-prom festivities. I had a short stay with my daughter and returned to New Jersey within a week. However, soon after my return, another variant of COVID-19 became prevalent. Mask mandates were not fully lifted, and the decline in the number of cases seemed tentative. Nevertheless, December 2021 was a bit festive with some Christmas shopping, attending a Winter festival at Renault Winery near me, and hosting two family get-togethers at my home. See my grandson with his white tux.











As January 2022 arrived, the figures were disappointing; however, a decline was anticipated, and by the end of March 2022, there was a rise in optimism.






On my 75th birthday, I took a Spirit Airlines flight from Atlantic City Airport to West Palm Beach International Airport. March in New Jersey had been chilly, so the daytime temperatures above 72 degrees were delightful. I am 75 but I had been feeling closer to 80.  I improved somewhat health-wise:  my acid reflux subsided, my plantar fasciitis got better, and my stiff, achy body felt rejuvenated like it hadn't in months. A highlight of the vacation was my granddaughter's cheerleading banquet, where I saw a group of young ladies looking stunning in their sleek black dresses and heels.










So another venture was to visit a tattoo and piercing shop.  My granddaughter, Cece, was getting an ear  piercing with her friend, and I was given the opportunity, as a birthday gift from my daughter, to get a tattoo.  I agreed to replica of Post Malone's signature and a Posty inspired wave design.












Drove by this houseboat on the way to Miami while on the Brightline train.



















The terminal is clean and up-dated area where many reviewers say it compares favorably to the best in Europe where train service is more appreciated.




















Had lunch here:


























































 

No comments:

Post a Comment