Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Monitoring the Development of the Tadpoles

I could not wait to go back to the pond to note the progress that was made in the development of the tadpoles.  Sure enough the change was visible.  Where as each center had been like a round lttle ball in the middle of the jelly, the centers had now elongated.  You could definitely see a tail and where the head would be. Since it had been warm for three days, it was also obvious that that this part of the pond had alot of evaporation.  So much so,  that there was one mass of eggs that was now laying on dry ground.  In all probability these eggs are doomed unless we get a major rainfall that may help all the smaller sections join into one large one pond.  The biggest and deepest one had no eggs that I could see. You would think nature would know better.  I am trying to think why would there be several masses of eggs in the very small section and none in the much larger part.....?


It is not quite spring yet but the daffodils in my yard are in full bloom:


Here's a wreath that I made:





Pretty but not rare enough to stop the development:


1 comment:

  1. I'm your newest follower. Just thought I would stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete