Friday, March 30, 2012

One Year Anniversary

   On the 21st of March it was my birthday. It was a week long celebration.  Family, friends, and neighbors were so kind. It is one year since I bought my Sonata, and one year since I started this blog.  I thought I would change the name but 64 and counting still applies in a way even though I am now sixty-five.

              My neighbors brought me such a beautiful arrangement:



 I love flowers, birds, and being outdoors.  I just scanned this one of me enjoying my mother's petunias.  Even at that age I might have grown them myself.  I remember saving the seeds of the petunias, marigolds, four o'clocks, salvia and the zinnias for planting the following year.   I was very good at identifying seeds and seedlings. 


The celebration week started on the 17th on St. Patty's Day.  Well, it wasn't my special day but it was our special day.  It was a class reunion which normally comes at five year intervals but since we missed one reunion in 2010, we had one titled "The Class of  '65 turns 65.  So I was still 64 on the big event.   Even though I was on the planning committee, I was a half hour late and I missed the photo session and I couldn't find a seat at first. Our class took a photo surrounding a vintage Cadillac. So from that low point things turned around.   It turned to be an enjoyable affair.  I wound up eating out 3 more times that week and my daughter and the four grandchildren called with a Happy Birthday serenade.  I decided to post another tadpole update.  All the eggs have hatched:


Recently scanned this one of me during spring break probably 1971.  I guess it was bike week at Daytona Beach, Florida:


I know this posting has no real theme.  This is a group photo of a hunting club from Germania, NJ.  I think they called themselves the Red Bones.  Larry Schwenger is kneeling at the extreme right.  My husband, Roy, is the second to last in the row of men standing.  For many years we had venison cutlets breaded in Italian bread crumbs at least once a week.  Also in this photo, John Vaccaro, Dick Filling and Louis Stadtmueller.


No comments:

Post a Comment