Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lambertville, NJ and Bucks County, PA

    My son and I took day trip trip to Lashaska PA,  New Hope PA , and Lambertville, NJ on August 4, 2012.   We had planned to visit Rice's Flea Market.  It is a 30 acre outdoor market that opens on Tuesdays and Saturdays in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.  If I had to compare it to Columbus Auction in New Jersey, my pick would be Columbus Auction.  You may find some of the same vendors at Rice's but you will be missing the real interesting cellar, attic or garage clean-outs that you sometimes find at Columbus.   I like that type of vendor who has absolutely no organization---just boxes of stuff and they say anything in these boxes @ one dollah!!  I am writing this a week later so my memory is fuzzy but let me say that even if I had to account for all the places we stopped on that day it would have been a challenge to me.  I know we stopped at Rice's Flea Market, the Golden Nugget Antiques Market in Lambertville and on to other places in Lambertville, Peddler's Village in Lahaska, and a place in New Hope.      
                 

               

Lambertville House Hotel




   Near the banks of the Delaware River Lambertville, NJ offers a delightful day trip for people from New Jersey, Philadelphia Area or the New York area. It is historic and picturesque and the beauty continues across the Delaware River into New Hope, PA and Bucks County.  Boutique Hotel is pictured above and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.  It has been host to celebrities, dignitaries, and government officials since 1812.   The 26 guestrooms reflect the grace of the early 19th century.


Toll taker on the bridge:


Rabbits for sale!









Can't remember the specific place for this one:



Cone flowers:


 Would have loved to have purchased

this one for my sister but it was just too pricey:


 Bought some beads.  But this Asian guy

was very interested in my

 Cannon camera with the big lens:

Last time I saw this was about 35 years ago

when my husband and I took my son to Peddler's Village

 but today he is the driving me:


 Typical road in Bucks County---hilly:












 This scene has about twenty-five signs:






 We stopped at a scenic rest stop on the Delaware and viewed the water sports.  A quick shot through the car window gives evidence that many wealthy people reside in the area.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment