Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday Week

Monday I turned 64 and spent most of the day finalizing a purchase of a new white Hyundai Sonata.  Although I purchased two previous cars on my own, my son's help in negotiating was helpful.  Recent life changing issues had recently left me feeling a bit vunerable and really didn't want to re-visit the grueling sales pitch from the sales person and the sales manager as I remember it.  My son gave me a nice camera--an EOS Rebel XTI which has inspired me to start a blog. On Tuesday I drove two of my friends (former classmates--both named Patty)  out to lunch at a Mafia hang-out that was filled with signed photographs of 50's celebrities including Frank Sinatra. On Wednesday I went out to dinner with my former colleagues from the elementary school where I used to teach.  They were all meeting to go before the board of education to express concerns about staff cuts. Wanted to post a few photos here but just realized this laptop does not accept the big memory card that comes with this camera. I hope my desktop will accept the card or my enthusiasm for keeping the blog going will diminish quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment