Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday "On the Way to Cape May"

Read the manual to my new Sonata and it said to drive at varying speeds for breaking in the engine.  So I spent some time driving 65-70 miles an hour on the Garden State Parkway in NJ but that was on the way back home from our visit to Cape May, New Jersey.  My sister came along and she wanted to visit an alpaca farm called Jersey Shore Alpacas.  I had been there on a previous visit and found the animals to be delightful.  Ok, I know they are motivated by the habit of getting carrot treats from visitors but I felt that they genuinely wanted to greet us.  Soon the barn emptied and were jostling a bit at the fence to get near.  A couple kept pushing their narrow snouts in the fence openings. The owner greeted us and provided us with carrots to dole out. My sister explained that she wished to purchase the raw wool to use in her dance shoes.  My sister still performs in dance recitals at age 62.  She wanted to try the alpaca wool for extra padding in her shoes instead of the usual lamb's wool.  We traveled along the rural roads in South Jersey stopping to take photos along the way.  We had a nice lunch at the Lobster House. After we stopped at the seafood shop there where she purchased a loaf of bread, shrimp and clam strips to take home for dinner. We also stopped for soft custard.  I will post photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment