Tuesday, October 18, 2011

At the Shore in Fall

   It was a perfect day in Atlantic City.  First we walked on the beach and then hit the boardwalk.  Stopped in at Fralinger's and I wanted to buy taffy for my friend that was having her shoulder operated on that day.  I did not want to buy taffy for her there because her husband's family had some connection to the James' Salt Water Taffy.  But then I saw the posting that all the taffy places were owned by the same company now.  I purchased 4 vintage postcard reproductions:






I am fond of pigeons because my husband raised a few as a kid.  He knew all the different types: barred, checked, rollers and whatever other types they had.  So pigeons make me think of him.



All types of birds were in the pine trees feasting on the pine cone seeds including this squirrel that allowed us to get close:

No comments:

Post a Comment