Sunday, June 26, 2011

Peter Gabriel-June 25, 2011

   My son took me to a Peter Gabriel concert with his New Blood Orchestra at the Susquehanna Concert Center.  During warm weather months, the 25,000-seat outdoor amphitheatre provides a series of evening concerts.   During the fall and winter months, it transforms into an enclosed, climate-controlled 7,000-seat theater.  It was a fantastic show.   I have seen Carlos Santana, Rolling Stones, and Elton John but this was more impressive maybe because of the latest stage effects, the large orchestra or just the power of his voice.

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ZnXDWI7uI

   He is about 61 years old so he is just a little younger than I am. We had great seats and afterwards I felt that I had experienced a very special event in my life.

Then:

Now:

Planning to go again to another Peter
Gabriel concert.  This time he will play the old ones like "Sledge Hammer":

No comments:

Post a Comment