Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011












Sunny, delightful and spring-like---at last! Easter the way it should be! Going to my sister's house later and probably will make two posts today first it is just a walk around the yard.  At the Christmas Tree Store (one of my favorite stores) I bought the Easter lily for 60 cents.  Ninety % off --and it still has another bloom to open.  You will see my mountain pink phlox, pot of gold and my garden crane that is anchored with a jeweled stake. Loved the yellow hydrant and the storm drain grate with the engraved fish.  Hope the woodpeckers still like the tree that fell to the ground.  Leyland cypress not doing well.  Can you tell what the reason is?  I know thanks to my husband.  It has been used by a young buck to take the "velvet" off of his antlers or  "spikes".  The drought of last year may have taken its toll on my newly purchased crepe myrtle and my lilac bush.  Neither one has sprouted yet :(    The deer generally leave indigenous American Hollies alone but the hybrid holly that I purchased last fall was nibbled to near death this winter.  I now have it caged in chicken wire--not a pretty sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment