Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fledged!

  Yeah, those bluebirds did not afford too many photo-ops!  They would stay perched on the power lines above the nest with a caterpillar dangling. If they saw me anywhere out in the yard they would not visit the nest.  They would stay like that eyeing me up for up to 15 minutes and I always gave in so that the little ones didn't have to wait any further. The little ones were funny. At first there was one that kept his opened beak sticking out of the hole.  Later on when I approached they would hunker down and freeze.  Yesterday I could tell that the feathers were sufficiently formed that they might leave the nest. Today I checked and they are gone.  I wasn't even able to count how many there were at the end.  Just seems impossible that there were still 5 little birds in there.  I bet they won't even return to my yard for a fleeting little visit.  I will just have to hope they return next year.  I will be posting a image that I found instead of my own.  :(



No comments:

Post a Comment