Tuesday, July 5, 2011

RCA Building....

  The RCA building is in Camden, New Jersey.  My father worked for RCA or the Radio Corporation of America for most of his life servicing televisions and then eventually co-owning a store that sold televisions and appliances.  On our recent trip to the Susquehanna Bank Center I got some shots of the RCA building. It was only after viewing the photos on the computer that I saw some missing windows. Also the beautiful "Nipper" stained glass window was revealed.  I just was unaware that the building was so beautiful.  Nipper was the iconic logo for the corporation. The dog was listening to its master's voice on a Victrola.   Just researched a bit and it seems that there are luxury apartments in the old building but I am not convinced that this is a flourishing venture.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment