Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mikado

 I had my first experience at a hibachi meal at a restaurant called Mikado and I think it was in Marlton, New Jersey.  It was one of those hibachi restaurants where they cook table side.  The meal featured an interactive little show with broccoli flipping, utensil flipping and patrons trying to catch the morsels of food in their mouths. Eggs were tossed and there were plenty of skillful spatula/knife displays.  At one point there was a flame that shot up more than a foot but I can't remember what was burning or cooking at the time. The food was tasty and there were little dishes of dipping sauce. The fried rice was excellent but I am not a big fan of slightly cooked crunchy vegetables.





 I can't remember--did the egg go in his pocket?








Later I caught this strange propeller plane in the sky.  It looked like a flying whale.


 
I guess it is smart to hang your open beak out of the nest to get the first worm delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment