Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blogged Good News Too Soon

Second time I've done this!  Yesterday I was happy just to get a picture on my new Samsung TV but today I want more and I am not so happy.  The picture isn't great--OK so they will say I have to get Comcast over and get the high--def service and box.  But shouldn't I get a high-def picture when I view a movie DVD?  I also thought by purchasing the Home Theater (also by Samsung) that it would come on automatically when watching regular channels and apparently not.  You could some how make the speakers play but it won't necessarily be stereo.  Found this out by going back to Best Buy for the third time.  After spending 1,600 bucks they told me I have to spend an additional 150 bucks to have a "Geek" come out to the house.  And then add the additional charge to Comcast and I am not happy.  Everyone told me how I should get a big screen TV and they were wrong.  I was much happier with the cheapest flat screen TV from the local food store: Shop-Rite--wow---I am dropping a lot of brand names here!  Also, the main specs that were suggested to me were the 1800 refresh thingy and the 160 or 120 megahertz which is what I think I purchased but when I see the properties of the picture it says 60 megahertz on the screen notations.  Also, the sales clerk said that it was best to go with the matching names like Samsung TV with Samsung theater.  I don't think that mattered.  Also, the two wireless speakers in the back of the room are not working! Hope my son can fix these issues but I might have to go for the Geek Squad. The amount of hype for these systems, the time involved and the money that is spent should make me say "wow!" and it just doesn't do anything for me.  Now my John Deere tractor ---now that makes me say "WOW!"  Let you know all about my massage chair--delivery tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment