Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ok--I'm back--Where are my pruners???

Dealing with health issues but still trying to do yard work. I have decided to call my nephew for lawn mowing. I pruned a few bushes yesterday and laid down my pruners to do another task and then returned later and I couldn't find the pruners.  I spent at least an hour looking for them with no luck. Just gives you an indication of how large my yard is or how poor my discrimination skills are.
      Three seasons of the year Harley riders parade by my house. I love the biker look--tatooes, beards, bandanas and the rest of the acoutrements.  However, the last thing I would ever do is ride a motorcycle or dress like a biker.  So I am always entertained by the traffic going by my house.  It is also a popular route for cyclists.  I have to watch out for the joggers, too, because they sneak up on you and I am easily startled and might let out a scream when I am working close to the road.  Today I looked up and my 62 year-old sister was approaching on her bike. I am very impressed with her active life style. She bikes on weekend treks alone. A short trip would be the one from her house to mine.  Her odometer says it is exactly 10 miles.  Also, she has all the gear and usually buys the best:  Italian biking shoes, glasses, shorts, gloves, top, jacket all specifically made for the sport.  In addition the the cycling, she belongs to a dance troupe that will be performing locally in late spring.  Hope to get a photo of her in her dance costume.  She likes the latest hip-hop type of music. Later in the day the worst rag-tag group of cyclists that I have ever seen went by.  A mix of youths and adults and a good percentage didn't even have helmets.  They did have a trailing car for support.  I felt like asking what was their purpose for the trip.
    Also, I took photos of some of my art work from high school days and have posted them here.  There is one of my son--a charcoal drawing of him when he was about six and it was done on the Boardwalk in either Atlantic City or Ocean City.  I am ready to toss some laminated magazine pages of Jack Kennedy and Eisenhower.  Maybe another time I will post some of the prints from my many past cruises.  Haven't been on one lately.











     Above you will see a pair of cow birds--male and female.  The brown-headed one is the male. They lay their eggs in the nests of other birds.
Have you seen my pruners?

No comments:

Post a Comment