Monday, May 9, 2011

Parade Of Police and Cyclists

Hundreds of police officers from across Central New Jersey rode through Jackson Township and my my town on Monday morning en route to Washington D.C. on the annual Police Unity Tour.  The Police Unity Tour is an event where police officers ride their bikes to the nation’s capital to raise money for the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial and Museum and to raise awareness for fallen police officers. The tour took them right by my house and I ran up to one officer and asked him what it was all about.  He graciously told me about it as the parade continued by.  It was beautiful:  first the slow moving motorcycle officers with lights flashing in what seemed like red, white and blue. Then the cyclists acknowledging my wave.  I wanted to run and get my camera but the officer said it would be over shortly but that he would email me a photo.  I found these on the web.


He said the group had made their way south by all back roads.  I told him that I once went north to Great Adventure taking all back roads and that my son plotted the route on a map for me.  It was such a thrill for me.

    Also David, my nephew, came and helped me with the lawn but I don't think he minded that he didn't have to use the push mower since I had my new John Deere lawn tractor. I appreciated that he helped me do a few other jobs around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment