Friday, May 6, 2011

Nothing runs Like a Deere

100 Series – 2011 Model Year
    My mowing area expanded significantly since last year.  The back road to the new high school now has curbing and grass planted by the school's grounds people.  I can tell that they expect me to mow that grass.  It used to be natural pinelands landscaping with its sparse vegetation on the sandy soil.  The school mows the grass on the opposite side of the street but even though I let that rye grass grow to about 10 inches they ignored the side that lines my property.  My regular lawn does not grow half as fast!  Also, the code inspectors go around slapping fines on people who do not mow lawns.  Little sympathy is given.  The town's taxes are outrageous so I think they are trying to make money off the fines.  There are quite a few eyesores that the town can't seem to attack.  I care about my yard and I am grateful that my neighbors care about theirs as well but something about these codes irks me.----Oh, that brings me to what I wanted to say----I bought myself a John Deere lawn tractor. Hope to post photos tomorrow when I finish mowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment